Circles of Mercy is located in Rensselaer New York. Circles was established in September 1997 and has a nineteen-year tradition of providing hope, hospitality and empowerment to individuals and families in the Rensselaer Community. We are a sponsored ministry of the Sisters of Mercy Northeast Community.
Our staff consists of a full-time director, part-time receptionist, and 75 to 100 volunteers.
At Circles of Mercy we assist our clients in accessing many of the social service benefits for which they qualify. For example: Section 8 housing assistance, Medicaid coverage, HEAP, Food Stamps and WIC.
We also provide:
- Bus passes or cab fare so that clients can get to the Rensselaer Co. Social Service in Troy, medical appointments and job interviews.
- Free income tax preparation through our partnership with the IRS and CA$H as a VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) site.
- Christmas Adopt-a-Family, Cate’s Kids Easter Basket and Back to School Programs.
- Computer instruction, job application and resume writing.
- Professional business clothing for job interviews.
- A monthly women’s mentoring and sharing group, “Catherine’s Circle of Friends”.
- Referrals to a furniture program for our clients in need of furniture.
Comments received from a thankful client…
“…I know that you do your best to help everyone in need and both you and Circles of Mercy have done that for me over the last 7 years. I am very grateful for that and I admire your selflessness. You witnessed my struggles years ago and you were also able to watch me grow into a successful hardworking mother and business woman and I thank you and Circles for that!”